With winters setting its strong foot, we have decided to share the recipe for something hot and delicious with you. Its Gajjar ka Halwa and we are sure that everyone must be familiar with its great taste and aroma, if not with the cooking style. Just follow the pointers in this recipe to prepare the dish of times.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Thickly Grated Carrot: 2 Cups
1 Table Spoon: Ghee
2 Table Spoon: Milk
4 Table Spoon: Sugar
4 Table Spoon: Mava/Khoya
1 Table Spoon: Raisins(Kishmish)
1 Table Spoon: Almonds(Badam)
1/2 Table Spoon: Cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat ghee in a thick pan, add thickly grated carrots and saute for five minutes.
- Add milk, cardamom powder and cook well on medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes or until the milk completely evaporates and the carrots are completely cooked.
- Add the grated khoya and sugar and cook for two to three minutes or till the sugar melts.
- Stirring continuously, continue to cook for two minutes more.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and raisins.
- Decorate with silver warq.
- Serve hot or warm.
Do try it at your home and share your experiences with us.